Talpe Beach at Unuwatuna
Just 1km west of Ocean Crest. This is the closest large beach to us, with a wide sheltered bay that’s great for swimming and a clear reef for diving.
10 minutes south of us and is great for boogie boarding and body surfs. Whale watching, dinghy sailing and surfing lessons can also be arranged.
Historic Churches & Temples
- The Dutch Groote Church, Church Street, Fort Galle
- Rumasala Japanese Peace Pagoda, Unuwatuna Headland
- Yatagala Temple & Kataluwa Purwarama Temple
We can arrange massages at the hotel and private yoga lessons. We also recommend the Amangalla Spa in Galle Fort and the Light House Spa in Galle.
Enjoy a Sri Lankan cookery demonstration with a tour of the local fish and vegetable markets.
- Walking tour of the historic Galle Fort with a local guide
- Shopping in the fort and around Galle
- Stilt fishing
- Snorkeling from local beaches
- Scuba diving at Unuwatuna
- Visit the Hadungoga lowland white tea estate
- Boat rides on Koggala lake to take fresh ginger tea on Cinnamon Island
- Whale and dolphin watching from Merissa Water Sports Center
- Water skiing, windsurfing and other water sports at Bentota
- Overnight trip to Sinharaja Rainforest
- Day safari to Ude Walawe National Park
- Leopard safari in Yala National Park
- Surfing lesson at Midigama
- Deep sea fishing
- Mountain biking with a guide
- Visit Yatagala temples
- Surfing and boogie boarding on nearby beaches
- Visit Lunuganga, the country estate of Geoffrey Bawa for cream teas, lunches and dinners
- Visit Sri Lanka’s largest silk factory at Gintota
- See some of Sri Lanka’s best batiks at Ambalangoda (Dudley De Silva Batiks)
- Talini Lace – see where some of the world’s best lace is made
- Antique browsing in Ambalangoda
- Experience the nightlife in Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna